Thursday, July 2, 2009

Where I'm From

For a long time now, I am lucky to be getting Section 8. This is a Federal program that helps disabled people by paying part of the rent. I came to California in Sept. of 1985.

Walking used to be fun. Routinely, I used to get off the bus in Fairfax and walk all the way to San Rafael where I could catch the bus home.

Since 1999, my home has been in Novato, CA. There used to be a big food store within walking distance to my apartment. Now that food store has moved across the highway and it is more than mile away. Of course this would happen after I hurt my back and have trouble walking.

I want to get a kid's wagon that I'm thinking of using to go shopping. A cop stopped a friend of mine who I had sent to get groceries and told him he couldn't use a shopping cart to bring my groceries home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Tammy,
Is there anything I can do to help.
I run a club for children with disabilities and we are looking to do a charity. We would be more than happy to help you.

Can you send me an email describing what your disabilities are and what you need help buying, what services you want and if there are any legal issues you are struggling with.

vjd0301@hotmail.com

Vincent DeBenedetto
San Mateo, CA